A classically trained ballet dancer, Xavier Marzan grew up in Puerto Rico, where he studied at the Julian E. Blanco School of Classical Ballet. He was a member of The School of American Ballet (the official ballet school of New York City Ballet), Ballet Classico and Ballet de San Juan. After an injury in 1998 cut short his professional ballet career, Xavier turned his passion for dance to the world of Ballroom, which he has been teaching and performing for more than 10 years. He is a certified ballroom instructor who has taught at Arthur Murray Dance Studios and Soho Dance Studio in New York, specializing in salsa, cha cha, rumba and dance technique. Xavier is also a certified Zumba® and Aqua Zumba® instructor and an instructor at Z Club NY, the first studio in New York City dedicated primarily to offering Zumba® Fitness classes.
Most recently, Xavier founded X-cursions in Motion, LLC — to combine and share his passion for travel, his dedication to health and fitness, his love of dance, and his interest in creating and producing themed special events. X-cursions are active retreats that offer structured dance and fitness classes in exciting destinations, while delighting in gourmet meals, local culture and group fun. X-perience the difference! www.xinmotion.com
- Classically trained ballet dancer
- Former member of The School of American Ballet (the official ballet school of New York City Ballet), Ballet Classico and Ballet de San Juan
- Certified Ballroom Dance instructor, certified in American Style Rhythm, Rhumba (Bronze), Cha Cha and Salsa on 2
- Founder and owner of X-cursions in Motion, LLC, hosting small group dance and fitness & Adventure retreats
- Certified to teach Zumba® and Aqua Zumba®